Roadshow will provide information about illegal cigarettes and tobacco
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk County Council Trading Standards officers will be visiting Thetford.
The visit is part of a roadshow, also visiting King’s Lynn, Great Yarmouth and Norwich, and will help people find out more about illegal cigarettes and tobacco and the hazards they pose.
People will also be able to meet Yoyo the tobacco sniffer dog who has played a big part in successful seizures of illegal tobacco made by officers in the past year.
So far a two-year clampdown on rouge traders has seen Norfolk County Council’s Trading Standards and Public Health teams seize more than 1.3m illegal cigarettes in addition to 123kg of illegal hand rolling tobacco with 11 traders being prosecuted.
Also present at the roadshow will be trainee sniffer dogs Peggy and Maggie and Smokefree Norfolk will provide help on quitting smoking.
You may also want to watch:
They will be at Kings Square on Thursday between 9am-5pm.
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 6 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 7 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Car crashes into central reservation on A11