Roadshow will provide information about illegal cigarettes and tobacco
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk County Council Trading Standards officers will be visiting Thetford.
The visit is part of a roadshow, also visiting King’s Lynn, Great Yarmouth and Norwich, and will help people find out more about illegal cigarettes and tobacco and the hazards they pose.
People will also be able to meet Yoyo the tobacco sniffer dog who has played a big part in successful seizures of illegal tobacco made by officers in the past year.
So far a two-year clampdown on rouge traders has seen Norfolk County Council’s Trading Standards and Public Health teams seize more than 1.3m illegal cigarettes in addition to 123kg of illegal hand rolling tobacco with 11 traders being prosecuted.
Also present at the roadshow will be trainee sniffer dogs Peggy and Maggie and Smokefree Norfolk will provide help on quitting smoking.
You may also want to watch:
They will be at Kings Square on Thursday between 9am-5pm.
- 1 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 10 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village