Roadshow will provide information about illegal cigarettes and tobacco
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk County Council Trading Standards officers will be visiting Thetford.
The visit is part of a roadshow, also visiting King’s Lynn, Great Yarmouth and Norwich, and will help people find out more about illegal cigarettes and tobacco and the hazards they pose.
People will also be able to meet Yoyo the tobacco sniffer dog who has played a big part in successful seizures of illegal tobacco made by officers in the past year.
So far a two-year clampdown on rouge traders has seen Norfolk County Council’s Trading Standards and Public Health teams seize more than 1.3m illegal cigarettes in addition to 123kg of illegal hand rolling tobacco with 11 traders being prosecuted.
Also present at the roadshow will be trainee sniffer dogs Peggy and Maggie and Smokefree Norfolk will provide help on quitting smoking.
You may also want to watch:
They will be at Kings Square on Thursday between 9am-5pm.
- 1 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 2 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 5 Inquest opens into death of 32-year-old Anthony Hibble
- 6 Police looking for wanted west Suffolk man Darren Pountney
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 9 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 10 Teeny tiny property for sale for between £10,000-£20,000