Roadshow will provide information about illegal cigarettes and tobacco
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk County Council Trading Standards officers will be visiting Thetford.
The visit is part of a roadshow, also visiting King’s Lynn, Great Yarmouth and Norwich, and will help people find out more about illegal cigarettes and tobacco and the hazards they pose.
People will also be able to meet Yoyo the tobacco sniffer dog who has played a big part in successful seizures of illegal tobacco made by officers in the past year.
So far a two-year clampdown on rouge traders has seen Norfolk County Council’s Trading Standards and Public Health teams seize more than 1.3m illegal cigarettes in addition to 123kg of illegal hand rolling tobacco with 11 traders being prosecuted.
Also present at the roadshow will be trainee sniffer dogs Peggy and Maggie and Smokefree Norfolk will provide help on quitting smoking.
You may also want to watch:
They will be at Kings Square on Thursday between 9am-5pm.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 4 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 8 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 9 Election 2021: Candidates confirmed for six West Suffolk Council by-elections
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park