Roadshow will provide information about illegal cigarettes and tobacco
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk County Council Trading Standards officers will be visiting Thetford.
The visit is part of a roadshow, also visiting King’s Lynn, Great Yarmouth and Norwich, and will help people find out more about illegal cigarettes and tobacco and the hazards they pose.
People will also be able to meet Yoyo the tobacco sniffer dog who has played a big part in successful seizures of illegal tobacco made by officers in the past year.
So far a two-year clampdown on rouge traders has seen Norfolk County Council’s Trading Standards and Public Health teams seize more than 1.3m illegal cigarettes in addition to 123kg of illegal hand rolling tobacco with 11 traders being prosecuted.
Also present at the roadshow will be trainee sniffer dogs Peggy and Maggie and Smokefree Norfolk will provide help on quitting smoking.
You may also want to watch:
They will be at Kings Square on Thursday between 9am-5pm.
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on