Roadshow will provide information about illegal cigarettes and tobacco
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk County Council Trading Standards officers will be visiting Thetford.
The visit is part of a roadshow, also visiting King’s Lynn, Great Yarmouth and Norwich, and will help people find out more about illegal cigarettes and tobacco and the hazards they pose.
People will also be able to meet Yoyo the tobacco sniffer dog who has played a big part in successful seizures of illegal tobacco made by officers in the past year.
So far a two-year clampdown on rouge traders has seen Norfolk County Council’s Trading Standards and Public Health teams seize more than 1.3m illegal cigarettes in addition to 123kg of illegal hand rolling tobacco with 11 traders being prosecuted.
Also present at the roadshow will be trainee sniffer dogs Peggy and Maggie and Smokefree Norfolk will provide help on quitting smoking.
You may also want to watch:
They will be at Kings Square on Thursday between 9am-5pm.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 5 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 6 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 7 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 10 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote