Spate of jewellery burglaries across the county
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Police have launched a number of appeals after several jewellery burglaries have taken place across Norfolk in recent weeks.
A car and jewellery were stolen overnight at a house in Hockwold after a property was broken into a some point between 11.45pm on Thursday May 17 and 4.30am the next morning.
The car was later recovered seven miles away in Santon Downham on the same day.
Almost a week later a house was broken into on Bungay Road in Scole at approximately 6.15pm on Wednesday May 23 and jewellery was stolen from within.
Finally, jewellery was stolen from an address on Cromwell Road in Weeting sometime during the day yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for witnesses after a property was broken into at some point between 7.55am and 5pm on Thursday May 27.
There is no indication that these burglaries are linked at this stage.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 Three people - including two teens - injured in shotgun attack
- 10 Grade II-listed pub could be turned into six flats
Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the areas of these incidents or anyone with any information should contact DC Nichola Lane at King’s Lynn Police Station, DC Scott Malcolmson at Norwich CID or DC Debbie Johnston at Thetford CID respectively on 101.
Alternatively they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.