Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Firefighters had to cut the roof off a car to free a driver following a crash on the A11.
A Vauxhall Zafira went into central reservation in Thetford bound before the Ketteringham turn off.
Police were called at around 7.30pm and the road was closed completely at 8pm, so emergency services could cut the roof of the car to free the female driver.
A Norfolk Police Spokesman said: “Approximately 50 members of the public turned around for the safety of our fire colleagues, so they could get the female out.
“She was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University hospital with a slight injury.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you for everyone's patience and understanding.”
The road was then reopened at 10pm.
- 1 Repeat offender given £600 fine for fly-tipping next to public bin
- 2 Man suffers 15cm cut across face in alleged knife attack over drugs
- 3 Woman in 80s suffers 'life-changing' injuries in collision
- 4 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 7 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 8 Man stole bicycle from outside town shop
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot