Summer activity packs to entertain children handed out
- Credit: Norfolk County Labour Group
Activity packs to help keep children entertained are being handed out to families.
Norfolk County Labour Group has been trying to provide Thetford families with activity packs to help take the pressure off during the summer holidays.
The packs include arts and crafts, toys, games and stationary, as well as information about children’s clubs and groups and details of local support services.
Children’s books have also been provided by Norfolk County Council’s Children’s Services, the British Library and funds raised by Labour councillors through their 365 challenge earlier this year.
Breckland Councillor Susan Dowling, who represents Thetford Priory Ward, said: “It has been a stressful time for families with disruption to children’s education and added pressures on family budgets.
You may also want to watch:
“I am pleased that we have managed to secure these activity packs for Thetford children as this will help keep them entertained and stimulate their imagination.
“Research shows that this is so important for their future development and parents may enjoy helping too.”
- 1 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 2 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 10 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
To receive an activity pack or if you know a family who would benefit, email firstname.lastname@example.org.