Summer activity packs to entertain children handed out
- Credit: Norfolk County Labour Group
Activity packs to help keep children entertained are being handed out to families.
Norfolk County Labour Group has been trying to provide Thetford families with activity packs to help take the pressure off during the summer holidays.
The packs include arts and crafts, toys, games and stationary, as well as information about children’s clubs and groups and details of local support services.
Children’s books have also been provided by Norfolk County Council’s Children’s Services, the British Library and funds raised by Labour councillors through their 365 challenge earlier this year.
Breckland Councillor Susan Dowling, who represents Thetford Priory Ward, said: “It has been a stressful time for families with disruption to children’s education and added pressures on family budgets.
You may also want to watch:
“I am pleased that we have managed to secure these activity packs for Thetford children as this will help keep them entertained and stimulate their imagination.
“Research shows that this is so important for their future development and parents may enjoy helping too.”
- 1 Hope and caution - How Thetford is preparing to come out of lockdown
- 2 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 3 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 4 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 5 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 6 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 7 How will Christmas grottos, nativities and carol singing go ahead?
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 10 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
To receive an activity pack or if you know a family who would benefit, email firstname.lastname@example.org.