On Yer Bike! Horse charity calls for bike donations
- Credit: Archant
A horse rescue and rehoming centre is asking for donations of bicycles to help the team caring for the animals.
With 200 acres of land and more than 100 horses, ponies and donkeys, staff at the World Horse Welfare’s Hall Farm Rescue and Rehoming Centre, in Snetterton, clock up the miles through walking.
To help speed up the walks to and from the many fields and areas of the farm, the charity has launched an initiative called On Yer Bike.
The idea is to have a number of bikes, donated by the public, strategically placed around the farm.
The charity’s centre manager Sue Hodgkins said: “We are confident this will help to speed up the process of checking and treating our horses – many of whom live out 24/7 in our paddocks.
You may also want to watch:
“It will also help the team when they are leading horses to and from the paddocks, rather than having to walk to and from each field, which could be anything up to two miles away, they would be able to pick up a bike and cycle one leg of the journey.”
If you can donate adult bikes, preferably mountain of off-road, in good working condition, puncture repair kits or combination padlocks and chains, contact Maxine Langley on 01953 499100 or email email@example.com
- 1 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 2 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 9 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 10 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut