On Yer Bike! Horse charity calls for bike donations
- Credit: Archant
A horse rescue and rehoming centre is asking for donations of bicycles to help the team caring for the animals.
With 200 acres of land and more than 100 horses, ponies and donkeys, staff at the World Horse Welfare’s Hall Farm Rescue and Rehoming Centre, in Snetterton, clock up the miles through walking.
To help speed up the walks to and from the many fields and areas of the farm, the charity has launched an initiative called On Yer Bike.
The idea is to have a number of bikes, donated by the public, strategically placed around the farm.
The charity’s centre manager Sue Hodgkins said: “We are confident this will help to speed up the process of checking and treating our horses – many of whom live out 24/7 in our paddocks.
You may also want to watch:
“It will also help the team when they are leading horses to and from the paddocks, rather than having to walk to and from each field, which could be anything up to two miles away, they would be able to pick up a bike and cycle one leg of the journey.”
If you can donate adult bikes, preferably mountain of off-road, in good working condition, puncture repair kits or combination padlocks and chains, contact Maxine Langley on 01953 499100 or email email@example.com
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 'We know who they are' - two thieves raid church foodbank
- 10 Grade II-listed pub could be turned into six flats