On Yer Bike! Horse charity calls for bike donations
- Credit: Archant
A horse rescue and rehoming centre is asking for donations of bicycles to help the team caring for the animals.
With 200 acres of land and more than 100 horses, ponies and donkeys, staff at the World Horse Welfare’s Hall Farm Rescue and Rehoming Centre, in Snetterton, clock up the miles through walking.
To help speed up the walks to and from the many fields and areas of the farm, the charity has launched an initiative called On Yer Bike.
The idea is to have a number of bikes, donated by the public, strategically placed around the farm.
The charity’s centre manager Sue Hodgkins said: “We are confident this will help to speed up the process of checking and treating our horses – many of whom live out 24/7 in our paddocks.
You may also want to watch:
“It will also help the team when they are leading horses to and from the paddocks, rather than having to walk to and from each field, which could be anything up to two miles away, they would be able to pick up a bike and cycle one leg of the journey.”
If you can donate adult bikes, preferably mountain of off-road, in good working condition, puncture repair kits or combination padlocks and chains, contact Maxine Langley on 01953 499100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 2 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 5 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns
- 6 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk