Night time A11 hold-ups warning
Night time commuters are being warned to expect delays on the A11 from tonight when a programme of road works begins.The single carriageway stretch of the trunk road between Thetford and Barton Mills will be more congested than normal during three nights of work at Elveden.
Night time commuters are being warned to expect delays on the A11 from tonight when a programme of road works begins.
The single carriageway stretch of the trunk road between Thetford and Barton Mills will be more congested than normal during three nights of work at Elveden.
The Highways Agency scheme, which involves the retexturing of two miles on both directions of the carriageway, will see a 10mph rolling convoy in place and a 40mph speed restriction on approach to the works.
The restrictions will be in place between 8pm and 6am today and tomorrow and between 10pm and 6am on Friday and will stretch 700metres south of the B1106 Brandon Road crossroads and 550metres north of the C633 Elveden Road junction.
You may also want to watch:
A second section of the A11 at Thetford will also see traffic convoys and speed restrictions on Saturday from 8pm to 6am. The work involves retexturing 2.6miles of both directions of the dual carriageway between the London Road roundabout and A134 Mundford Road roundabout.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Should Covid jabs be made mandatory for care home workers?