Church welcomes new rector
- Credit: Archant
A Thetford Church’s long wait for a new rector is over.
St Cuthbert’s Church, on King Street, will welcome Peter Herbert, who will be licensed in October.
For the last five years Mr Herbert and his wife Caroline, who met at university and have been married for 13 years, have lived in Cromer.
He had been a curate and Mrs Herbert is a chartered librarian and recently worked on cataloguing part of the collection at Felbrigg Hall.
The pair said they were “delighted” to be coming to Thetford.
You may also want to watch:
The church is holding an auction on August 25 to raise money for the redevelopment of the building’s kitchen area to make it more of a community hub.
Viewing will take place between 4pm and 6pm on the Friday, with the auction taking place from 9am.
- 1 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 2 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 3 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 6 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 7 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 8 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
A new bike, handbag and lunch for four are just some of the lots. Refreshments, including coffee and bacon rolls, will be available.