Church welcomes new rector
- Credit: Archant
A Thetford Church’s long wait for a new rector is over.
St Cuthbert’s Church, on King Street, will welcome Peter Herbert, who will be licensed in October.
For the last five years Mr Herbert and his wife Caroline, who met at university and have been married for 13 years, have lived in Cromer.
He had been curate and is a chartered librarian and recently worked on cataloguing part of the collection at Felbrigg Hall.
The pair said they were “delighted” to be coming to Thetford.
You may also want to watch:
The church is holding an auction on August 25 to raise money for the redevelopment of the building’s kitchen area to make it more of a community hub.
Viewing will take place between 4pm and 6pm on the Friday, with the auction taking place from 9am.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 3 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 4 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 8 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 9 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 10 Warning over cold callers offering 'free' loft insulation
A new bike, handbag and lunch for four are just some of the lots. Refreshments, including coffee and bacon rolls, will be available.