Initiative to help young people into work to be launched
- Credit: Archant
A new initiative to support young people into work is set to be launched by three Norfolk MPs.
Breckland and West Norfolk for Jobs is a project from the Department for Work and Pensions and supported by the MPs.
It will work with local providers to support 18 to 24-year-olds and prepare them for work opportunities.
Candidates will have additional support from Job Centre Plus when they meet prospective employers.
Three launch events will take place in King’s Lynn, Dereham and Thetford on Friday.
North west Norfolk MP Sir Henry Bellingham will be at the Knights Hill Hotel, King’s Lynn, from 8.30am until 10.30am.
From 10am until 12pm Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman will launch the Dereham event at the Memorial Hall.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 4 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 5 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 8 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 9 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 10 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
And at the Charles Burrell Centre, Thetford, south west Norfolk MP Elizabeth Truss will be in attendance from 2.30pm until 4.30pm.