Initiative to help young people into work to be launched
- Credit: Archant
A new initiative to support young people into work is set to be launched by three Norfolk MPs.
Breckland and West Norfolk for Jobs is a project from the Department for Work and Pensions and supported by the MPs.
It will work with local providers to support 18 to 24-year-olds and prepare them for work opportunities.
Candidates will have additional support from Job Centre Plus when they meet prospective employers.
Three launch events will take place in King’s Lynn, Dereham and Thetford on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
North west Norfolk MP Sir Henry Bellingham will be at the Knights Hill Hotel, King’s Lynn, from 8.30am until 10.30am.
From 10am until 12pm Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman will launch the Dereham event at the Memorial Hall.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
And at the Charles Burrell Centre, Thetford, south west Norfolk MP Elizabeth Truss will be in attendance from 2.30pm until 4.30pm.