Initiative to help young people into work to be launched
- Credit: Archant
A new initiative to support young people into work is set to be launched by three Norfolk MPs.
Breckland and West Norfolk for Jobs is a project from the Department for Work and Pensions and supported by the MPs.
It will work with local providers to support 18 to 24-year-olds and prepare them for work opportunities.
Candidates will have additional support from Job Centre Plus when they meet prospective employers.
Three launch events will take place in King’s Lynn, Dereham and Thetford on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
North west Norfolk MP Sir Henry Bellingham will be at the Knights Hill Hotel, King’s Lynn, from 8.30am until 10.30am.
From 10am until 12pm Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman will launch the Dereham event at the Memorial Hall.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 3 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 4 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 5 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 6 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 7 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 8 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 9 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 10 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
And at the Charles Burrell Centre, Thetford, south west Norfolk MP Elizabeth Truss will be in attendance from 2.30pm until 4.30pm.