Initiative to help young people into work to be launched
- Credit: Archant
A new initiative to support young people into work is set to be launched by three Norfolk MPs.
Breckland and West Norfolk for Jobs is a project from the Department for Work and Pensions and supported by the MPs.
It will work with local providers to support 18 to 24-year-olds and prepare them for work opportunities.
Candidates will have additional support from Job Centre Plus when they meet prospective employers.
Three launch events will take place in King’s Lynn, Dereham and Thetford on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
North west Norfolk MP Sir Henry Bellingham will be at the Knights Hill Hotel, King’s Lynn, from 8.30am until 10.30am.
From 10am until 12pm Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman will launch the Dereham event at the Memorial Hall.
- 1 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 2 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 5 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
And at the Charles Burrell Centre, Thetford, south west Norfolk MP Elizabeth Truss will be in attendance from 2.30pm until 4.30pm.