Netball club on the look out for new players
- Credit: Archant
Thetford Netball Club are hosting two come and try sessions for both new and existing players.
A popular sport in schools, netball has seen a surge in participation following England’s sensational gold medal win against Australia at the Commonwealth Games in April.
On Sunday, August 12 and 19, the free sessions will be held for women and girls interested in joining the club.
The sessions will be held at courts in King’s House Gardens.
Juniors, under 11 to 14, are invited to attend between 10am and 11.30am and seniors, 15 years and older, from 11.30am until 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
The club has been in existence for more than 40 years and is continuing to grow, playing across Suffolk and Norfolk.
There are four senior teams and between two and three junior teams with players of all abilities and ages.
- 1 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 2 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 3 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
If you’re interested in attending email firstname.lastname@example.org