Netball club on the look out for new players
- Credit: Archant
Thetford Netball Club are hosting two come and try sessions for both new and existing players.
A popular sport in schools, netball has seen a surge in participation following England’s sensational gold medal win against Australia at the Commonwealth Games in April.
On Sunday, August 12 and 19, the free sessions will be held for women and girls interested in joining the club.
The sessions will be held at courts in King’s House Gardens.
Juniors, under 11 to 14, are invited to attend between 10am and 11.30am and seniors, 15 years and older, from 11.30am until 1pm.
The club has been in existence for more than 40 years and is continuing to grow, playing across Suffolk and Norfolk.
There are four senior teams and between two and three junior teams with players of all abilities and ages.
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Rugby club hoping to 'ignite' interest following pandemic
- 4 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 5 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 6 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 7 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 10 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
If you’re interested in attending email email@example.com