New leads in Suffolk post office raid probe
Rebecca Gough Two further witnesses have been identified with regard to an armed robbery at a Suffolk post office last week.
Two further witnesses have been identified with regard to an armed robbery at a Suffolk post office last week.
Police carried out anniversary checks yesterday outside Hopton Post Office between 10am and midday in a bid to jog people's memories about what they were doing at the same time a week previously.
Officers were called to the post office on Thelnetham Road on July 27 when a man threatened staff with a handgun and knife. He escaped with an unknown amount of cash before leaving the shop on foot and turning right. He then got into a people carrier with two other people inside which drove off.
You may also want to watch:
Nobody was injured.
The man was described as white, in his 20s, between 5ft and 10in and 6ft tall, and wearing dark glasses, a grey fleece, light coloured jeans and a red baseball cap.
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 3 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 4 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 9 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 10 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
Detective Sergeant Andy Day said: “I am very pleased with the public's response to our inquiries so far. We have seen 50 to 60 people this morning in Hopton, and have identified a further two witnesses who will be spoken to again this afternoon.
“We also now believe that the car the offender left the area in was a maroon people carrier, possibly a Toyota Previa, but we have to keep an open mind concerning this.
“Anyone who may have seen such a vehicle in Hopton or the surrounding area last Wednesday should contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact West Suffolk CID on 01473 613500.