Thetford Business Forum to launch project to attract investors and potential employers into the town
- Credit: Archant
To mark its 10 year anniversary the Thetford Business Forum (TBF) will launch an ambitious project to reach out to investors and potential employers from further afield.
Over the decade the group - set up to drive the economy of Thetford and the surrounding area - has evolved and now has more than 80 members.
Valerie Watson-Brown from the forum said the town’s industry is one of its “best kept secrets”.
Business sectors include manufacturing, engineering, tourism, equine and conservation, from employers such as Shadwell Stud, the British Trust for Ornithology and Centurion.
Working with students from the West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds, TBF will launch the Business & Student Engagement Programme on Tuesday at the college.
You may also want to watch:
It will see a road show rolled out to places such as Cambridge, with different Thetford businesses representing the town each time.
Organiser Ms Watson-Brown said: “Thetford has an amazing business community with many market leaders based in and around the town.
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
“This includes multi-national companies working in technically advanced industries, making the town a perfect place for individuals looking for a career or for companies looking to relocate.
“In its anniversary year the forum has set some strategic goals to raise the profile of Thetford as a great place to work and live.”
She added: “With the dualling of the A11 in recent years there has never been a better time to showcase what the area has to offer.”
There will be a new look for the TBF in addition to a new website.
The launch will also celebrate its partnership with the college which saw 52 students placed in 20 businesses throughout Thetford over a two week period last month.
Under the initiative, students are matched with employers to allow them to gain knowledge of industry types and the variety of work on offer within.
Ms Watson-Brown added: “Working with West Suffolk College members has developed a unique project to incorporate the rebrand of the forum as well as to work with students on developing a better way to engage with potential employees.”
Businesses are invited to the event tomorrow between 10am and 2pm at West Suffolk College, with the launch at 11am.