New homes plan for old base
Plans for 68 new homes on the former RAF Watton base are set to come before councillors.Developer Taylor Wimpey has already got outline permission to develop a site in the parish of Carbrooke and has put in a detailed application for the scheme.
Plans for 68 new homes on the former RAF Watton base are set to come before councillors.
Developer Taylor Wimpey has already got outline permission to develop a site in the parish of Carbrooke and has put in a detailed application for the scheme.
It wants to build a mix of 25 houses and apartments, a separate mix of 24 houses and apartments with an area of open space and a development of 19 houses. All the areas would have garages and off-road parking.
There has been one objection which says there are already enough houses and a play area would be better on the land.
You may also want to watch:
The application will go to Breckland's development control committee on Monday and officers are recommending it should be approved.
They say proposed new landscaping will improve the area.
- 1 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 7 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales