New homes plan for old base
Plans for 68 new homes on the former RAF Watton base are set to come before councillors.Developer Taylor Wimpey has already got outline permission to develop a site in the parish of Carbrooke and has put in a detailed application for the scheme.
Plans for 68 new homes on the former RAF Watton base are set to come before councillors.
Developer Taylor Wimpey has already got outline permission to develop a site in the parish of Carbrooke and has put in a detailed application for the scheme.
It wants to build a mix of 25 houses and apartments, a separate mix of 24 houses and apartments with an area of open space and a development of 19 houses. All the areas would have garages and off-road parking.
There has been one objection which says there are already enough houses and a play area would be better on the land.
You may also want to watch:
The application will go to Breckland's development control committee on Monday and officers are recommending it should be approved.
They say proposed new landscaping will improve the area.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results