New homes plan for old base
Plans for 68 new homes on the former RAF Watton base are set to come before councillors.Developer Taylor Wimpey has already got outline permission to develop a site in the parish of Carbrooke and has put in a detailed application for the scheme.
Plans for 68 new homes on the former RAF Watton base are set to come before councillors.
Developer Taylor Wimpey has already got outline permission to develop a site in the parish of Carbrooke and has put in a detailed application for the scheme.
It wants to build a mix of 25 houses and apartments, a separate mix of 24 houses and apartments with an area of open space and a development of 19 houses. All the areas would have garages and off-road parking.
There has been one objection which says there are already enough houses and a play area would be better on the land.
You may also want to watch:
The application will go to Breckland's development control committee on Monday and officers are recommending it should be approved.
They say proposed new landscaping will improve the area.
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital