New town centre mural depicts Dad’s Army characters
- Credit: Archant
A new town centre mural depicting characters from the television show Dad’s Army has been unveiled.
The mural, which is painted on the side of the Thetford Dad’s Army Museum, depicts seven of the main cast members in Thetford Forest, where the show was filmed.
It was painted by Mark Harper, of Harper Art Services, an artist who has also painted a mural of a poppy field on Shambles in the market place, as well as some in Norwich.
Mr Harper said the job took nearly two weeks to complete, and said the subject matter of war veterans is close to his heart as he has taught painting at the British Legion in Cromer for several years.
The mural has been well received in the town, including by businesses.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Perkins, manager of The Guildhall Tearooms said: “I think it’s lovely, it really brightens things up around here.
“It will bring people to the town centre outside of market days which is good.”
- 1 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 2 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 10 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need