New town centre mural depicts Dad’s Army characters
- Credit: Archant
A new town centre mural depicting characters from the television show Dad’s Army has been unveiled.
The mural, which is painted on the side of the Thetford Dad’s Army Museum, depicts seven of the main cast members in Thetford Forest, where the show was filmed.
It was painted by Mark Harper, of Harper Art Services, an artist who has also painted a mural of a poppy field on Shambles in the market place, as well as some in Norwich.
Mr Harper said the job took nearly two weeks to complete, and said the subject matter of war veterans is close to his heart as he has taught painting at the British Legion in Cromer for several years.
The mural has been well received in the town, including by businesses.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Perkins, manager of The Guildhall Tearooms said: “I think it’s lovely, it really brightens things up around here.
“It will bring people to the town centre outside of market days which is good.”
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Should Covid jabs be made mandatory for care home workers?