New drive-thru Costa could open on A11
- Credit: Archant
A major route in and out of Norfolk could soon have a new drive-thru café if plans submitted to Breckland Council are approved.
Plans have been lodged by Motor Fuel Limited for a drive-thru at Thetford service station west, on the A11.
Currently the site has a BP petrol station, Greggs and Stone Willy's Kitchen.
Motor Fuel Limited is partnered with the UK's most popular coffee chain Costa. The service station currently has a Costa Express but not a full-sized outlet.
It has not been confirmed which brand it would be, but the plans describe potential branding as being a mix of white and western red.
You may also want to watch:
There are currently nine parking spaces at the allocated site, which will increase to 27 if approved. One full-time job and eight part-time jobs will also be created.
Plans were submitted in 2013 for a Burger King drive-thru but were not approved.
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 3 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 4 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 9 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 10 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
Motor Fuel Limited was contacted for more information.