New drive-thru Costa could open on A11
- Credit: Archant
A major route in and out of Norfolk could soon have a new drive-thru café if plans submitted to Breckland Council are approved.
Plans have been lodged by Motor Fuel Limited for a drive-thru at Thetford service station west, on the A11.
Currently the site has a BP petrol station, Greggs and Stone Willy's Kitchen.
Motor Fuel Limited is partnered with the UK's most popular coffee chain Costa. The service station currently has a Costa Express but not a full-sized outlet.
It has not been confirmed which brand it would be, but the plans describe potential branding as being a mix of white and western red.
You may also want to watch:
There are currently nine parking spaces at the allocated site, which will increase to 27 if approved. One full-time job and eight part-time jobs will also be created.
Plans were submitted in 2013 for a Burger King drive-thru but were not approved.
- 1 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 2 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 5 Inquest opens into death of 32-year-old Anthony Hibble
- 6 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 7 Police looking for wanted west Suffolk man Darren Pountney
- 8 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 9 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 10 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
Motor Fuel Limited was contacted for more information.