New drive-thru Costa could open on A11
- Credit: Archant
A major route in and out of Norfolk could soon have a new drive-thru café if plans submitted to Breckland Council are approved.
Plans have been lodged by Motor Fuel Limited for a drive-thru at Thetford service station west, on the A11.
Currently the site has a BP petrol station, Greggs and Stone Willy's Kitchen.
Motor Fuel Limited is partnered with the UK's most popular coffee chain Costa. The service station currently has a Costa Express but not a full-sized outlet.
It has not been confirmed which brand it would be, but the plans describe potential branding as being a mix of white and western red.
You may also want to watch:
There are currently nine parking spaces at the allocated site, which will increase to 27 if approved. One full-time job and eight part-time jobs will also be created.
Plans were submitted in 2013 for a Burger King drive-thru but were not approved.
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 3 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
Motor Fuel Limited was contacted for more information.