New community bingo group launched in Mildenhall
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A new bingo group has been set up by a charity which aims to help individuals and community groups.
The Keystone Development Trust have launched the group at St John’s Community Centre in Mildenhall, which meets every Monday from 1.30pm.
The group, made up on men and women of varying ages, initially came together in October 2016 when several Bingo sessions were trialled.
The trial weeks proved very popular and people were eager to continue meeting on a regular basis.
A grant from Forest Heath District Council has enabled the group to buy their own bingo machine, books, dabbers and pay for venue hire.
You may also want to watch:
The next stage is for a committee to be formed so they can become a self-sustaining group. Keystone will also continue to support the group.
For more information, call the centre on 01638 712598 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or turn up and have a game.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 5 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 6 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 7 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 10 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote