New community bingo group launched in Mildenhall
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A new bingo group has been set up by a charity which aims to help individuals and community groups.
The Keystone Development Trust have launched the group at St John’s Community Centre in Mildenhall, which meets every Monday from 1.30pm.
The group, made up on men and women of varying ages, initially came together in October 2016 when several Bingo sessions were trialled.
The trial weeks proved very popular and people were eager to continue meeting on a regular basis.
A grant from Forest Heath District Council has enabled the group to buy their own bingo machine, books, dabbers and pay for venue hire.
You may also want to watch:
The next stage is for a committee to be formed so they can become a self-sustaining group. Keystone will also continue to support the group.
For more information, call the centre on 01638 712598 or email email@example.com or turn up and have a game.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 Three people - including two teens - injured in shotgun attack
- 10 Four men to appear in court charged with shooting incident