New chill zone offers place for youngsters to socialise
- Credit: Archant
A initiative has been launched to provide young people in Brandon with a safe and social place to get together.
The Chill Out Zone will run every Friday night at Brandon Leisure Centre, managed by Abbeycroft Leisure, from 7pm until 9pm.
Around 50 youngsters aged between 11 and 17 attended the first session, where they were able to play computer games and table tennis, listen to music, and enjoy free food, courtesy of the town’s Tesco.
Karen Holmes, general manager at the leisure centre, said: “By listening to youngsters about what they want to do and how they want to spend their social time, we hope to offer a variety of different activities and encourage them to try new ways of keeping active.”
The project has been made possible through a partnership between Abbeycroft Leisure, Suffolk County Council and Forest Heath District Council.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more call 01842 819157.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic