New car parking area opens on Thetford estate
- Credit: Archant
A new car parking area has been opened on a crowding estate.
Flagship Homes, Moving Thetford Forward and Barnham Cross Action Group have worked together to create 25 spaces and fencing in Ash Close.
It is hoped the new spaces will allow residents to park nearer their homes without having to use grass verges or roadsides and improve the appearance of the area and safety.
Stewart Bailey, Operations Manager at Flagship Homes, said: “Simple improvements can provide large community benefit and we’re so pleased to see the parking spaces already being well used.
“This is a fantastic example of partnership working and we hope this will continue into the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Breckland Council is a partner in Moving Thetford Forward and the council’s officers helped to implement the improvements at Ash Close.
Tim Lovejoy, Chairman of Barnham Cross Action Group, and Breckland district councillor Terry Jermy, have been part of an estate redevelopment group and then did further work with Flagship and local residents in recent years to oversee the completion of various community projects.
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted