New car parking area opens on Thetford estate
- Credit: Archant
A new car parking area has been opened on a crowding estate.
Flagship Homes, Moving Thetford Forward and Barnham Cross Action Group have worked together to create 25 spaces and fencing in Ash Close.
It is hoped the new spaces will allow residents to park nearer their homes without having to use grass verges or roadsides and improve the appearance of the area and safety.
Stewart Bailey, Operations Manager at Flagship Homes, said: “Simple improvements can provide large community benefit and we’re so pleased to see the parking spaces already being well used.
“This is a fantastic example of partnership working and we hope this will continue into the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Breckland Council is a partner in Moving Thetford Forward and the council’s officers helped to implement the improvements at Ash Close.
Tim Lovejoy, Chairman of Barnham Cross Action Group, and Breckland district councillor Terry Jermy, have been part of an estate redevelopment group and then did further work with Flagship and local residents in recent years to oversee the completion of various community projects.
- 1 7 of the best indoor activities in Norfolk
- 2 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 Flood-torn community 'in fear' every time it rains
- 6 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 7 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 8 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 9 Norfolk police ready extra officers for delayed Covid 'Freedom Day'
- 10 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle