New car parking area opens on Thetford estate
- Credit: Archant
A new car parking area has been opened on a crowding estate.
Flagship Homes, Moving Thetford Forward and Barnham Cross Action Group have worked together to create 25 spaces and fencing in Ash Close.
It is hoped the new spaces will allow residents to park nearer their homes without having to use grass verges or roadsides and improve the appearance of the area and safety.
Stewart Bailey, Operations Manager at Flagship Homes, said: “Simple improvements can provide large community benefit and we’re so pleased to see the parking spaces already being well used.
“This is a fantastic example of partnership working and we hope this will continue into the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Breckland Council is a partner in Moving Thetford Forward and the council’s officers helped to implement the improvements at Ash Close.
Tim Lovejoy, Chairman of Barnham Cross Action Group, and Breckland district councillor Terry Jermy, have been part of an estate redevelopment group and then did further work with Flagship and local residents in recent years to oversee the completion of various community projects.
- 1 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 6 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 7 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider