West Norfolk school appoints new assistant principals
- Credit: Archant
Two new assistant principals have been unveiled at a west Norfolk school.
Amy Staniforth and Sarah Turner have both been promoted from existing roles at Iceni Academy, Methwold.
The Academy achieved improved exam results, 66pc of students achieved at least a grade four in GCSE English and maths, this summer and principal Stephen Plume believes the two appointments will help the school to continue to grow and develop.
He said: “Amy and Sarah are both exceptional teachers who are enthusiastic and dedicated to the students at Iceni Academy and I am very excited about the year ahead.
“Sarah has lots of plans about how we better support students, including with their mental health, and Amy is going to ensure we continue to get great exam results while developing the whole student. It is an exciting time to be at Iceni Academy.”
You may also want to watch:
Both said they were thrilled to be part of the senior leadership team and the academy.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 8 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital