West Norfolk school appoints new assistant principals
- Credit: Archant
Two new assistant principals have been unveiled at a west Norfolk school.
Amy Staniforth and Sarah Turner have both been promoted from existing roles at Iceni Academy, Methwold.
The Academy achieved improved exam results, 66pc of students achieved at least a grade four in GCSE English and maths, this summer and principal Stephen Plume believes the two appointments will help the school to continue to grow and develop.
He said: “Amy and Sarah are both exceptional teachers who are enthusiastic and dedicated to the students at Iceni Academy and I am very excited about the year ahead.
“Sarah has lots of plans about how we better support students, including with their mental health, and Amy is going to ensure we continue to get great exam results while developing the whole student. It is an exciting time to be at Iceni Academy.”
You may also want to watch:
Both said they were thrilled to be part of the senior leadership team and the academy.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 3 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 4 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 5 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 6 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 7 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 8 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 9 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 10 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters