New appeal for crash witnesses
Police yesterday renewed their appeal for witnesses of a crash which killed a 32-year-old Thetford man.The driver of the white Citroen Saxo - who was alone in the car - was pronounced dead at the scene after the head-on collision with a lorry at Elveden at about 1.
Police yesterday renewed their appeal for witnesses of a crash which killed a 32-year-old Thetford man.
The driver of the white Citroen Saxo - who was alone in the car - was pronounced dead at the scene after the head-on collision with a lorry at Elveden at about 1.45am on Wednesday.
He has not yet been formally identified. The lorry driver was treated for minor injuries
Severe disruption on the A11 and surrounding roads lasted for eight hours.
The A11 was closed between the Elveden crossroads and the Barton Mills roundabout until 9.45am as recovery work continued and an investigation into the cause of the crash was carried out.
Diversions were put in place.
- 1 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 2 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 3 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 4 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 5 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 8 Nominations open for Thetford Business Awards 2023
- 9 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Meanwhile, drivers have also faced hold-ups on the A47 at Sporle during the morning after the road was partially blocked due to a collapsed manhole.
Any witnesses to the crash should contact the Bury St Edmunds road policing unit on 01284 774100.