New appeal for crash witnesses
Police yesterday renewed their appeal for witnesses of a crash which killed a 32-year-old Thetford man.The driver of the white Citroen Saxo - who was alone in the car - was pronounced dead at the scene after the head-on collision with a lorry at Elveden at about 1.
Police yesterday renewed their appeal for witnesses of a crash which killed a 32-year-old Thetford man.
The driver of the white Citroen Saxo - who was alone in the car - was pronounced dead at the scene after the head-on collision with a lorry at Elveden at about 1.45am on Wednesday.
He has not yet been formally identified. The lorry driver was treated for minor injuries
Severe disruption on the A11 and surrounding roads lasted for eight hours.
You may also want to watch:
The A11 was closed between the Elveden crossroads and the Barton Mills roundabout until 9.45am as recovery work continued and an investigation into the cause of the crash was carried out.
Diversions were put in place.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 8 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
Meanwhile, drivers have also faced hold-ups on the A47 at Sporle during the morning after the road was partially blocked due to a collapsed manhole.
Any witnesses to the crash should contact the Bury St Edmunds road policing unit on 01284 774100.