New appeal for crash witnesses
Police yesterday renewed their appeal for witnesses of a crash which killed a 32-year-old Thetford man.The driver of the white Citroen Saxo - who was alone in the car - was pronounced dead at the scene after the head-on collision with a lorry at Elveden at about 1.
Police yesterday renewed their appeal for witnesses of a crash which killed a 32-year-old Thetford man.
The driver of the white Citroen Saxo - who was alone in the car - was pronounced dead at the scene after the head-on collision with a lorry at Elveden at about 1.45am on Wednesday.
He has not yet been formally identified. The lorry driver was treated for minor injuries
Severe disruption on the A11 and surrounding roads lasted for eight hours.
You may also want to watch:
The A11 was closed between the Elveden crossroads and the Barton Mills roundabout until 9.45am as recovery work continued and an investigation into the cause of the crash was carried out.
Diversions were put in place.
- 1 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 4 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 5 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 'Small but mighty': Lambing season gets underway at family-run farm
- 10 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease
Meanwhile, drivers have also faced hold-ups on the A47 at Sporle during the morning after the road was partially blocked due to a collapsed manhole.
Any witnesses to the crash should contact the Bury St Edmunds road policing unit on 01284 774100.