Music producer Rednek on the lookout for talent in Thetford
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A music producer who has performed internationally says he is hoping to bring some talent to Thetford after moving his studio to the town.
Electronic dance music producer and artist, Rob Rednek, moved to Maine Street two months ago and is hoping to build on his growing success after bringing his studio with him.
As well as having toured the US several times, the London-born producer has collaborated with rappers including Harvey from So Solid Crew and Junior Brat.
He said he’ll be bringing more names into the studio to work with him, as well as being on the lookout for local talent.
“I came to Thetford to see friends and ended up falling in the love with the place. I’m a big fan of the US so I think having the bases nearby has helped.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll have some people coming up from London and elsewhere to work with me, but I also want to see if there’s anyone in the Thetford area who wants to do something,” he said.
His previous work includes a four and a half year stint under Pete Waterman’s wing, producing pop acts, including contestants from Pop Idol.
- 1 Car towed out of field after crash
- 2 Community shop helps struggling families cut down shopping bills
- 3 Man in 70s punched and kicked repeatedly after being pulled from car
- 4 Delays possible as 23m long boat travels along A47 and A11
- 5 'Time has flown by' - bakery celebrates 30 years in business
- 6 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 7 'Revitalised and positive' - Thetford businesses react to roadmap news
- 8 Full list: £715,000 to be spent to make 113 Norfolk roads safer
- 9 Homeware store set to open in Thetford when restrictions lift
- 10 How mobile coffee cafe built in vintage horse trailer survived pandemic
His recent work has seen him nominated for a Bass Music Award for best live performance.
He will also be going to the United States for at least 15 shows.
For more information, go to the Official Rednek Facebook page.