Director of music at RAF Honington retires
- Credit: Archant
The director of music at RAF Honington has retired.
Tim Milford has retired from the RAF Honington Voluntary Band after 12 years with many memorable performances including the Horse Guards parade as part of the RAF 100 last year in London.
Mr Milford said: “It’s been an amazing journey, making music with some of the most talented musicians within the Voluntary Band Association.
“RAF Honington band has grown immensely over the years and have embraced the first-class support given by the station and the VBA.
“We have encountered many challenges along the way, but with determination and commitment from all band members we have enjoyed outstanding musical experiences with a couple of special highlights.”
You may also want to watch:
He performed for the last time at St Mary’s Church, Bury St Edmunds, at The Spring Concert on April 27 as part of a joint performance with the Royal Signals.
- 1 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Teen appears in court charged with sexual assault on girl in Thetford