Moving Thetford Forward meeting postponed
Officials have postponed a meeting at which the results of a poll to determine the future of regeneration in Thetford will be discussed.
Chairman of the Moving Thetford Forward (MTF) board, William Nunn, took the decision to move the meeting to later in September to give officers time to collate all relevant information.
The MTF board has said it will give due consideration to the result at its next board meeting.
Mr Nunn said: “We pledged that the result of this poll would be considered by the MTF Board and we are working to ensure we do justice to that pledge by giving the result detailed consideration.
“The board does understand peoples concerns about change but everyone should rest assured that we are working to ensure the best for Thetford’s future.”
You may also want to watch:
A total of 14.7pc, or 2, 368 people, of 16, 079 registered voters in the town, voted at the referendum on August 9 which asked: “Do you want the bus station to move from its current site at the Anchor to the site on St Nicholas Street.”
Of those, 1,921, or 81pc, voted “no”, while 443, or 19pc, voted “yes”.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 3 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 4 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 8 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 9 Warning over cold callers offering 'free' loft insulation
- 10 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
The MTF meeting will now be held on September 22.