Moving Thetford Forward meeting postponed
Officials have postponed a meeting at which the results of a poll to determine the future of regeneration in Thetford will be discussed.
Chairman of the Moving Thetford Forward (MTF) board, William Nunn, took the decision to move the meeting to later in September to give officers time to collate all relevant information.
The MTF board has said it will give due consideration to the result at its next board meeting.
Mr Nunn said: “We pledged that the result of this poll would be considered by the MTF Board and we are working to ensure we do justice to that pledge by giving the result detailed consideration.
“The board does understand peoples concerns about change but everyone should rest assured that we are working to ensure the best for Thetford’s future.”
A total of 14.7pc, or 2, 368 people, of 16, 079 registered voters in the town, voted at the referendum on August 9 which asked: “Do you want the bus station to move from its current site at the Anchor to the site on St Nicholas Street.”
Of those, 1,921, or 81pc, voted “no”, while 443, or 19pc, voted “yes”.
- 1 Two people taken to hospital after van rolls over in Lynford crash
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 4 Tesco supermarket in Brandon reopens after cash machines ram raid
- 5 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 6 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Council buys disused building to regenerate town's riverfront
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
The MTF meeting will now be held on September 22.