Moving Thetford Forward meeting postponed
Officials have postponed a meeting at which the results of a poll to determine the future of regeneration in Thetford will be discussed.
Chairman of the Moving Thetford Forward (MTF) board, William Nunn, took the decision to move the meeting to later in September to give officers time to collate all relevant information.
The MTF board has said it will give due consideration to the result at its next board meeting.
Mr Nunn said: “We pledged that the result of this poll would be considered by the MTF Board and we are working to ensure we do justice to that pledge by giving the result detailed consideration.
“The board does understand peoples concerns about change but everyone should rest assured that we are working to ensure the best for Thetford’s future.”
You may also want to watch:
A total of 14.7pc, or 2, 368 people, of 16, 079 registered voters in the town, voted at the referendum on August 9 which asked: “Do you want the bus station to move from its current site at the Anchor to the site on St Nicholas Street.”
Of those, 1,921, or 81pc, voted “no”, while 443, or 19pc, voted “yes”.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 7 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 8 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 9 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
- 10 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
The MTF meeting will now be held on September 22.