Celebrate Norfolk Day and take part in motorcycle ride around the county
- Credit: Archant
Motorcyclists are being encouraged to put on their leathers and helmets and take part in a charity ride-out to celebrate Norfolk Day.
The Thetford and District Motorcycle Club (TDMC) are organising the 206 mile ride around the county.
Intended as an informal fun day, the ride hopes to promote motorcycling as a leisure sport in addition to raising money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA).
Riders can join and leave the route as they please during the event on Friday, July 27.
Richard Bailey, organiser, said: “First and foremost it is a way of supporting Norfolk Day and secondly we are hoping to promote motorcycling and encourage more people to get involved.
You may also want to watch:
“We are hoping to get at least 30 bikers from the club and that we will get somewhere in the region of 100 bikers out.”
The ride will start in Thetford and take in Diss, Beccles, Great Yarmouth, Hemsby, Bacton, Mundesley, Crome, Blakeney, Wells, Hunstanton, King’s Lynn, Downham Market, Southery and finishing back at Thetford.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 8 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
Along the route, the riders can stop-off at other Norfolk Day celebrations.
Those taking part will be asked to make a donation to the EAAA, and it is hoped representatives from the charity will be at the ride.
Backed by the EDP, Norwich Evening News and BBC Radio Norfolk, Norfolk Day provides an opportunity to shout and cheer about the county.
Individuals and communities, businesses, attractions and organisations are encouraged to come up with ways they can celebrate their pride and passion for the county.
Bikers who wish to take part from the start of the ride, are asked to meet at Thetford’s Forest Retail car park, near McDonalds, between 8am and 8.30am. The first bikes will be flagged away at 9am.
To avoid congestion, but to enable the bikes to be seen by the public, machines will be released in groups of up to 10 at intervals of two minutes.
For more information visit Thetford and District Motorcycle Club on Facebook or ring Richard on 01366728040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To get involved with Norfolk Day email email@example.com, tweet @norfolk or visit the Norfolk Day Facebook group.