Bikers deliver treats and toys to dog charity
- Credit: Archant
Members of a motorcycle club made a special delivery during a charity run to the Dogs Trust’s Snetterton rehoming centre.
The Blue Knights England X, made up of serving and retired law enforcement workers, joined by members of the Lost Saints, delivered food, treats and toys to the centre’s dogs who are awaiting new homes.
The bikers were greeted by residents Earl and Charlie whose tails did not stop wagging as they enjoyed some fuss and made sure to try out some of the treats.
The club’s secretary Spike Ray said: “We just look for any excuse to get on our bikes and this just seemed like a good one.
“We do Easter egg runs for the hospitals but it is nice to find some where you might not necessarily think of.
You may also want to watch:
“It is nice to be doing positive things and helping out.”
This year, the centre has rehomed 181 dogs, with 489 pooches finding their forever home in 2017.
For more information visit the Dogs Trust website.
- 1 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 2 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 3 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 6 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 7 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 8 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack