Milkshake shack launched by youngsters proves a success
- Credit: Jenna Ashworth
The launch of a pop-up milkshake shack run by a team of youngsters in Thetford has proved a success.
The venture has been planned and organised by 12 to 16-year-old’s at the town’s Riversdale Centre.
Everything and Anything, a name the group chose after taking on the challenge of starting the Riversdale Milkshake Shack, will open the shack every Saturday between 2pm and 4pm.
The scheme was created as part of the Youth Social Action project run by Keystone Development Trust.
It encourages youngsters to put something back into the community, to meet people and helps to develop their skills.
During their launch on Saturday, March 24 they made £40 - which will be put back into the project.
A variety of flavours are available including Malteser and Oreo.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 'He's done it again!': Bowler's delight after going viral for a second time
- 3 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 4 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 5 New Latin American restaurant opening at Center Parcs in Elveden
- 6 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 7 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 8 Delays in west Suffolk town after faulty barrier at railway crossing
- 9 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
For more information visit Riversdale Milkshake Shack on Facebook.