Military drummers join Thetford pupils for a special performance
Pupils at one Thetford school were in for a treat when members of the Royal Anglian drummers arrived to show off their skills.
Beats were in abundance when the men arrived at the Norwich Road School following an offer by one of the team whose son attends the school.
A few pupils were even lucky enough to take part as they showed off their skills picked up in samba lessons.
Music and gifted and talented co-ordinator, Pat Sodey, said it was a delight to host the drummers and added: “We have several children whose parents are in the military, both American and English, so they feel really proud.
“It’s also good to show the military in a musical way and to highlight these wonderfully musical musicians.”
You may also want to watch:
The drummers performed at both the infant and junior school as pupils looked on enthralled.
Ms Sodey added: “We had the parent of one of our pupils come in and he told us he was back from Cyprus and did we want him to come in.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 7 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 8 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 9 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
- 10 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
“We really supported Remembrance Day in our school and a lot of children were in the Thetford parade and it really tied in with all of that.”