Military drummers join Thetford pupils for a special performance
Pupils at one Thetford school were in for a treat when members of the Royal Anglian drummers arrived to show off their skills.
Beats were in abundance when the men arrived at the Norwich Road School following an offer by one of the team whose son attends the school.
A few pupils were even lucky enough to take part as they showed off their skills picked up in samba lessons.
Music and gifted and talented co-ordinator, Pat Sodey, said it was a delight to host the drummers and added: “We have several children whose parents are in the military, both American and English, so they feel really proud.
“It’s also good to show the military in a musical way and to highlight these wonderfully musical musicians.”
You may also want to watch:
The drummers performed at both the infant and junior school as pupils looked on enthralled.
Ms Sodey added: “We had the parent of one of our pupils come in and he told us he was back from Cyprus and did we want him to come in.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 7 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 8 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
“We really supported Remembrance Day in our school and a lot of children were in the Thetford parade and it really tied in with all of that.”