Trip of a lifetime to Silicon Valley for school pupils
- Credit: Archant
A tour around the Google headquarters was one of many memorable moments for students during school trip of a lifetime.
Twenty four pupils, from years 9 to 13, from Mildenhall College Academy recently visited San Francisco in California.
The teenagers were able to enjoy a visit to the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom theme park and a six-mile walking tour of the city, where they took in sights including Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge.
The main point of the trip was to visit the famous Silicon Valley - the nickname for the Santa Clara Valley which is a location of many American high-tech companies.
They had a guided tour of Stanford University and took a trip to the Apple Visitor Centre. Before heading to the Intel Museum and the NASA Research Visitor Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The highlight of the trip was a guided tour of the Google headquarters from staff who live there.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 6 US Air Force issues warning over increased flying this week
- 7 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 8 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 9 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 10 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash