Trip of a lifetime to Silicon Valley for school pupils
- Credit: Archant
A tour around the Google headquarters was one of many memorable moments for students during school trip of a lifetime.
Twenty four pupils, from years 9 to 13, from Mildenhall College Academy recently visited San Francisco in California.
The teenagers were able to enjoy a visit to the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom theme park and a six-mile walking tour of the city, where they took in sights including Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge.
The main point of the trip was to visit the famous Silicon Valley - the nickname for the Santa Clara Valley which is a location of many American high-tech companies.
They had a guided tour of Stanford University and took a trip to the Apple Visitor Centre. Before heading to the Intel Museum and the NASA Research Visitor Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The highlight of the trip was a guided tour of the Google headquarters from staff who live there.
- 1 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
- 2 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 3 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 4 UEA expert in infectious diseases expects delay to 'Freedom Day'
- 5 Drunk inmate threatened to stab prison officer
- 6 Road reopens after crash between car and lorry
- 7 New date for trial of five accused of Thetford murder
- 8 New transporter bike for wheelchair users launched at Thetford Forest
- 9 Man, 18, arrested in connection with serious sexual assault
- 10 ‘I don’t trust this area’: Local people react after sex assault on teenager