Trip of a lifetime to Silicon Valley for school pupils
- Credit: Archant
A tour around the Google headquarters was one of many memorable moments for students during school trip of a lifetime.
Twenty four pupils, from years 9 to 13, from Mildenhall College Academy recently visited San Francisco in California.
The teenagers were able to enjoy a visit to the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom theme park and a six-mile walking tour of the city, where they took in sights including Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge.
The main point of the trip was to visit the famous Silicon Valley - the nickname for the Santa Clara Valley which is a location of many American high-tech companies.
They had a guided tour of Stanford University and took a trip to the Apple Visitor Centre. Before heading to the Intel Museum and the NASA Research Visitor Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The highlight of the trip was a guided tour of the Google headquarters from staff who live there.
- 1 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 2 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 3 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 4 Confirmed: Three households can form Christmas bubble to spend festive period together
- 5 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 6 Plans for controversial village wedding venue get green light
- 7 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 8 Man attacked and robbed by hooded teen gang
- 9 £60 fine for resident who drove six miles to dump household rubbish in public bin
- 10 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?