Mildenhall College Academy pupils progress to next stage of national rocket car challenge
- Credit: Archant
A group of pupils are hoping to reach the national final of a rocket car competition.
Earlier this month, the school playground at Mildenhall College Academy was turned into a mini-racing track as pupils designed, built and raced their own rocket cars as part of the Model Rocket Car Challenge from the Bloodhound Project.
Bloodhound, the engineering team behind the most recent attempt at breaking the land speed record, set up the national competition to inspire a generation of engineers.
The youngsters put their cars to the test in the hope they could reach the regional stage.
With the results now in, the top performing team from the school has been invited to participate in the regional final on Friday, April 28 at RAF Honington, after their car reached speeds of more than 70mph.
You may also want to watch:
They are competing for a place in the final at the Santapod Race Track in Northamptonshire.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust