Mildenhall College Academy pupils progress to next stage of national rocket car challenge
- Credit: Archant
A group of pupils are hoping to reach the national final of a rocket car competition.
Earlier this month, the school playground at Mildenhall College Academy was turned into a mini-racing track as pupils designed, built and raced their own rocket cars as part of the Model Rocket Car Challenge from the Bloodhound Project.
Bloodhound, the engineering team behind the most recent attempt at breaking the land speed record, set up the national competition to inspire a generation of engineers.
The youngsters put their cars to the test in the hope they could reach the regional stage.
With the results now in, the top performing team from the school has been invited to participate in the regional final on Friday, April 28 at RAF Honington, after their car reached speeds of more than 70mph.
You may also want to watch:
They are competing for a place in the final at the Santapod Race Track in Northamptonshire.
- 1 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 2 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 5 Inquest opens into death of 32-year-old Anthony Hibble
- 6 Police looking for wanted west Suffolk man Darren Pountney
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 9 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 10 Teeny tiny property for sale for between £10,000-£20,000