Mildenhall College Academy pupils progress to next stage of national rocket car challenge
- Credit: Archant
A group of pupils are hoping to reach the national final of a rocket car competition.
Earlier this month, the school playground at Mildenhall College Academy was turned into a mini-racing track as pupils designed, built and raced their own rocket cars as part of the Model Rocket Car Challenge from the Bloodhound Project.
Bloodhound, the engineering team behind the most recent attempt at breaking the land speed record, set up the national competition to inspire a generation of engineers.
The youngsters put their cars to the test in the hope they could reach the regional stage.
With the results now in, the top performing team from the school has been invited to participate in the regional final on Friday, April 28 at RAF Honington, after their car reached speeds of more than 70mph.
You may also want to watch:
They are competing for a place in the final at the Santapod Race Track in Northamptonshire.
- 1 Family's desperate plea to help find missing wartime medals
- 2 24,000 fish released into four East Anglian rivers to replenish stocks
- 3 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 4 Housing association promises action after indecent exposure incidents
- 5 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 6 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Town's virtual business awards to give boost to owners
- 9 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 10 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk