Mildenhall College Academy pupils involved in Tour of Britain event
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Mildenhall College Academy were able to take part in the Tour of Britain cycle race when it came to Suffolk.
Eight students from year eight and nine took part in the community ride as stage six of the men’s cycle race travelled from Newmarkert to Aldeburgh.
The pupils, selected in recognition of their attainment and attitude to PE, led the community ride in Newmarket alongside students from Newmarket Academy and Newmarket Cycling Club.
The youngsters were able to see the professional riders close up at the event on September 8, before cycling past hundreds of spectators along the town’s high street to the academy.
A number of the students’ family members lined the route to cheer them on.
You may also want to watch:
Year nine pupil George Murrow said: “The whole morning was awesome. I really want to take up cycling now and will be looking to join a local club.”
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 5 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 6 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 7 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 8 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Woman cut from car after crash on A11