Mildenhall College Academy pupils involved in Tour of Britain event
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Mildenhall College Academy were able to take part in the Tour of Britain cycle race when it came to Suffolk.
Eight students from year eight and nine took part in the community ride as stage six of the men’s cycle race travelled from Newmarkert to Aldeburgh.
The pupils, selected in recognition of their attainment and attitude to PE, led the community ride in Newmarket alongside students from Newmarket Academy and Newmarket Cycling Club.
The youngsters were able to see the professional riders close up at the event on September 8, before cycling past hundreds of spectators along the town’s high street to the academy.
A number of the students’ family members lined the route to cheer them on.
You may also want to watch:
Year nine pupil George Murrow said: “The whole morning was awesome. I really want to take up cycling now and will be looking to join a local club.”
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 8 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford