Mildenhall attractions to hold open day
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
Mildenhall Warren Lodge and the Rex Graham Reserve are welcoming visitors for a joint open day.
Organised by the Friends of Thetford Forest (FoTF) people will be able to view the 600-year-old lodge and learn how rabbits were farmed for their meat and fur.
The Rex Graham Reserve will hold its annual opening on the same day and visitors will have the opportunity to see the largest colony of military orchids in Britain.
The open day will take place on Sunday, May 28 from 9.30am to 3.30pm.
Both attractions are found in Mildenhall Woods.
You may also want to watch:
The lodge is situated off the A1065 north of the Barton Mills roundabout on the A11. The reserve is on Ride 306, on the A1101 to Bury St Edmunds.
The Lodge is a ten minute walk up hill from the car park and there is steep steps down to the reserve.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 4 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 8 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 9 Election 2021: Candidates confirmed for six West Suffolk Council by-elections
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
For more information call the FoTF on 01842 810271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org