Mildenhall attractions to hold open day
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
Mildenhall Warren Lodge and the Rex Graham Reserve are welcoming visitors for a joint open day.
Organised by the Friends of Thetford Forest (FoTF) people will be able to view the 600-year-old lodge and learn how rabbits were farmed for their meat and fur.
The Rex Graham Reserve will hold its annual opening on the same day and visitors will have the opportunity to see the largest colony of military orchids in Britain.
The open day will take place on Sunday, May 28 from 9.30am to 3.30pm.
Both attractions are found in Mildenhall Woods.
You may also want to watch:
The lodge is situated off the A1065 north of the Barton Mills roundabout on the A11. The reserve is on Ride 306, on the A1101 to Bury St Edmunds.
The Lodge is a ten minute walk up hill from the car park and there is steep steps down to the reserve.
- 1 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 2 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 3 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 4 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 5 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 6 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 7 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 8 85% of West Suffolk Hospital staff vaccinated in battle to meet demand on health service
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 10 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
For more information call the FoTF on 01842 810271 or email email@example.com