Mildenhall attractions to hold open day
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
Mildenhall Warren Lodge and the Rex Graham Reserve are welcoming visitors for a joint open day.
Organised by the Friends of Thetford Forest (FoTF) people will be able to view the 600-year-old lodge and learn how rabbits were farmed for their meat and fur.
The Rex Graham Reserve will hold its annual opening on the same day and visitors will have the opportunity to see the largest colony of military orchids in Britain.
The open day will take place on Sunday, May 28 from 9.30am to 3.30pm.
Both attractions are found in Mildenhall Woods.
The lodge is situated off the A1065 north of the Barton Mills roundabout on the A11. The reserve is on Ride 306, on the A1101 to Bury St Edmunds.
The Lodge is a ten minute walk up hill from the car park and there is steep steps down to the reserve.
- 1 Case adjourned for man who admitted £80k fraud
- 2 Man jailed for 'planned revenge attack' on victim
- 3 Police identify suspect over sexual assault at train station
- 4 Teacher banned after 'inappropriate contact' with teenaged pupils
- 5 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 6 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 7 7 family attractions in Norfolk with deals on this summer
- 8 Level crossing failure leaves Brandon residents 'terrified'
- 9 Town's stunning open gardens event returns
- 10 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
For more information call the FoTF on 01842 810271 or email email@example.com