Large field fire tackled by 33 firefighters
- Credit: Archant
A large field fire was tackled by 33 firefighters in Methwold.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to Hall Farm Drive near Hythe Road at 2.49pm.
Fire crews from Hingham, Thetford, Brandon, Methwold and Downham Market were on the scene and people were asked to avoid the area due to smoke.
All of the crews apart from Methwold left the scene around 4.25pm.
At one point the fire was reported as being 200 by 50 metres.
You may also want to watch:
Crews attempted to prevent damage to the environment by using hose reel jets and a hydrant.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 9 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 10 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe