Large field fire tackled by 33 firefighters
- Credit: Archant
A large field fire was tackled by 33 firefighters in Methwold.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to Hall Farm Drive near Hythe Road at 2.49pm.
Fire crews from Hingham, Thetford, Brandon, Methwold and Downham Market were on the scene and people were asked to avoid the area due to smoke.
All of the crews apart from Methwold left the scene around 4.25pm.
At one point the fire was reported as being 200 by 50 metres.
You may also want to watch:
Crews attempted to prevent damage to the environment by using hose reel jets and a hydrant.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 7 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 8 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 9 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
- 10 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance