MEP Alex Mayer visits West Suffolk College’s Thetford centre
- Credit: Archant
A college’s Thetford campus welcomed a member of the European Parliament to hear about its work in the community.
Alex Mayer, who is an MEP in the East of England for the Labour Party, visited West Suffolk College’s Thetford centre.
She was shown around by centre co-ordinator Mekila Kelly, who explained the numerous classes that are held there for the community. They include English, maths, accounting, ESOL, computing, French, Spanish and painting.
The East of England Labour MEP visited as part of her tour of the Charles Burrell Centre on Friday, April 7.
West Suffolk Coolege says its ethos “is to put our learners’ success at the heart of everything we do. That means we will do everything we can to help our students succeed and be the best they can be”.
You may also want to watch:
It is a partner college of the University of Suffolk and offers more than 40 foundation and honours degrees.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 4 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 5 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 6 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'