MEP Alex Mayer visits West Suffolk College’s Thetford centre
- Credit: Archant
A college’s Thetford campus welcomed a member of the European Parliament to hear about its work in the community.
Alex Mayer, who is an MEP in the East of England for the Labour Party, visited West Suffolk College’s Thetford centre.
She was shown around by centre co-ordinator Mekila Kelly, who explained the numerous classes that are held there for the community. They include English, maths, accounting, ESOL, computing, French, Spanish and painting.
The East of England Labour MEP visited as part of her tour of the Charles Burrell Centre on Friday, April 7.
West Suffolk Coolege says its ethos “is to put our learners’ success at the heart of everything we do. That means we will do everything we can to help our students succeed and be the best they can be”.
It is a partner college of the University of Suffolk and offers more than 40 foundation and honours degrees.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 3 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 Final phase of consultation begins over future of Thetford estate
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 9 Bin collectors could strike over long-running pay dispute
- 10 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations