MEP Alex Mayer visits West Suffolk College’s Thetford centre
- Credit: Archant
A college’s Thetford campus welcomed a member of the European Parliament to hear about its work in the community.
Alex Mayer, who is an MEP in the East of England for the Labour Party, visited West Suffolk College’s Thetford centre.
She was shown around by centre co-ordinator Mekila Kelly, who explained the numerous classes that are held there for the community. They include English, maths, accounting, ESOL, computing, French, Spanish and painting.
The East of England Labour MEP visited as part of her tour of the Charles Burrell Centre on Friday, April 7.
West Suffolk Coolege says its ethos “is to put our learners’ success at the heart of everything we do. That means we will do everything we can to help our students succeed and be the best they can be”.
You may also want to watch:
It is a partner college of the University of Suffolk and offers more than 40 foundation and honours degrees.
- 1 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 2 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 3 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 4 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 5 Hope and caution - How Thetford is preparing to come out of lockdown
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 8 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 9 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 10 Shop Local: Council urge shoppers to use market towns this Christmas