McFly sign up for Forest concert
They are adored by fans around the world, frequently play in sold out stadiums, and will now join the Thetford Forest summer concert line up.Chart toppers McFly were yesterday announced as the sixth and final act to take part in the Forestry Commission's 2008 tour.
They are adored by fans around the world, frequently play in sold out stadiums, and will now join the Thetford Forest summer concert line up.
Chart toppers McFly were yesterday announced as the sixth and final act to take part in the Forestry Commission's 2008 tour.
The band has had two number one albums and seven number one singles, including Five Colours In Her Hair, Obviously, All About You and I'll Be OK.
Tom Fletcher, Harry Judd, Danny Jones, and Dougie Poynter have won numerous industry awards for their catchy pop tunes as well as appearing in a film alongside Hollywood actress Lindsay Lohan. Frontman Tom has made music history, having written more number one hits than U2, Queen, and Robbie Williams, all before his 21st birthday.
And now fans from across the region will be able to see them play their hits live when they take to the stage at their only performance for the Forestry Commission at High
Lodge, Thetford Forest on Friday July 11.
- 1 Thetford pupil Oxford-bound after hat-trick of A* grades
- 2 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Council’s wildlife camera stolen from conservation area
- 4 West Norfolk village pub to reopen as bed and breakfast after sale
- 5 How a new Norfolk forest helped heal the nation's timber industry
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Truss claims UK workers need 'more graft' in leaked statement
- 8 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 9 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 10 Norfolk Restaurant Week returning for 2022 with discounts across county
The tour is aimed at encouraging people to visit woodland by making it appealing in different ways, and not only pays for itself but also provides money to plough into environmental and social projects.
McFly will join a line-up which includes Crowded House and Welsh opera diva Katherine Jenkins.
Crowded House who had a string of hits in the late 80s and early 90s before breaking up more than 10-years-ago reformed last year with an acclaimed new album Time on Earth, dedicated to their original drummer Paul Hester who died in 2005. Also joining McFly at the highly anticipated concerts will be The Zutons (Thursday, June 5), KT Tunstall (Friday, June 6) Status Quo (Saturday, June 7), Crowded House (Thursday, July 10) and Katherine Jenkins (Saturday, July 12).
Tickets are £26, subject to a booking fee, and will go on sale at 9am on Friday, April 11 from Ticket Hotline on 01842 814612 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
They will also be available from EDP offices at Prospect House and Millennium Plain in Norwich, on 01603 772175 or 01603 693890 and via our website at www.edp24.co.uk/shop where you can also buy tickets for other summer concerts.