Worried dog walker rang police after falling for 'creative' mannequin prank
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A dog walker called police after spotting what appeared to be half a body stuck in a Norfolk hedge – but it turned out someone was pulling their leg.
King's Lynn Police said they were called by a dog walker in Wretton, near Downham Market, after they saw the "suspicious item".
But once officers arrived as the scene, they soon discovered that what looked like the bottom half of a man kneeling in a hedge was, in fact, part of a mannequin.
It had been dressed up in a pair of blue jeans and black trainers, and was realistic enough to concern the dog walker.
In a tongue-in-cheek Twitter post, King's Lynn Police said: "No two days are ever the same in our job.
You may also want to watch:
"If you're missing a set of mannequin legs after being creative, they are with us at Downham Market Police Station!"
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 Center Parcs to reopen on April 12 for self-catering guests only
- 3 Man denies causing death by dangerous driving after fatal A143 crash
- 4 A11 closure as lorries with huge loads get stuck at roadworks
- 5 Warm winds bring Saharan dust as temperatures soar to 17C
- 6 Dogs Trust releases phone calls of 'heartbroken' owners forced to give up pets
- 7 Norfolk given extra £10m to stop Covid spread in care homes
- 8 Pub to get major revamp - but needs a landlord first
- 9 Norfolk discount store to take over former Poundstretcher building
- 10 One of Norfolk’s largest academy trusts announces new chief executive