Man suffers serious injuries after being involved in a collision with a car at Thetford’s Forest Retail Park
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s suffered serious head and chest injuries when he was involved in a collision with a car in Thetford.
The incident happened at around 2.45pm on Monday at the Forest Retail Park, London Road, when a BMW 320I collided with a parked Renault traffic van and the man.
He had been standing at the rear of the van.
The BMW then collided with two more parked cars, a BMW 116 and a Vauxhall Zafira.
An ambulance crew and rapid response vehicle from the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) and the East Anglian Air Ambulance attended and treated the man, who suffered serious head and chest injuries, at the scene.
A spokesman for the EEAST said: “He was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in a life-threatening condition.”
Police have said the man is still in the hospital.
- 1 Roads to have speed limit cut to 30mph after death sparks campaign
- 2 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 3 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 4 Escaped cows block traffic on A1065 in Suffolk
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 9 WATCH: Big Jet TV films at RAF Lakenheath to mark new Top Gun movie
- 10 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident.
Anyone with information should contact PC Jordan Pokorny from Swaffham Roads Policing on 101.