Man suffers serious injuries after being involved in a collision with a car at Thetford’s Forest Retail Park
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s suffered serious head and chest injuries when he was involved in a collision with a car in Thetford.
The incident happened at around 2.45pm on Monday at the Forest Retail Park, London Road, when a BMW 320I collided with a parked Renault traffic van and the man.
He had been standing at the rear of the van.
The BMW then collided with two more parked cars, a BMW 116 and a Vauxhall Zafira.
An ambulance crew and rapid response vehicle from the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) and the East Anglian Air Ambulance attended and treated the man, who suffered serious head and chest injuries, at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the EEAST said: “He was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in a life-threatening condition.”
Police have said the man is still in the hospital.
- 1 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
- 2 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 3 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 4 UEA expert in infectious diseases expects delay to 'Freedom Day'
- 5 Drunk inmate threatened to stab prison officer
- 6 Road reopens after crash between car and lorry
- 7 New date for trial of five accused of Thetford murder
- 8 New transporter bike for wheelchair users launched at Thetford Forest
- 9 Man, 18, arrested in connection with serious sexual assault
- 10 ‘I don’t trust this area’: Local people react after sex assault on teenager
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident.
Anyone with information should contact PC Jordan Pokorny from Swaffham Roads Policing on 101.