‘But it’s the weekend’: Man three times over limit arrested after stumbling to car in front of police
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man has been arrested after stumbling to his car in front of four police officers before claiming it was okay because it was the weekend.
The driver was spotted at Fiveways Services on the A11, near Thetford Forest, after being seen by officers attempting to get into the driver’s seat of his car this morning, Saturday, March 9, at about 5am.
Police conducted a breathalyser test and found the man to be nearly three times over the drink drive limit.
He blew 99 with the legal limit being 35.
Upon the results the man claimed that “it was okay as it was the weekend”.
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter Milldenhall Police said: “Male arrested A11 Fiveways Services after stumbling into the driver’s seat of his car, in front of four police officers close by watching.
“He blew 99 at roadside, legal limit 35, but thought it was okay as it was the weekend.”
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 3 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack