‘But it’s the weekend’: Man three times over limit arrested after stumbling to car in front of police
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man has been arrested after stumbling to his car in front of four police officers before claiming it was okay because it was the weekend.
The driver was spotted at Fiveways Services on the A11, near Thetford Forest, after being seen by officers attempting to get into the driver’s seat of his car this morning, Saturday, March 9, at about 5am.
Police conducted a breathalyser test and found the man to be nearly three times over the drink drive limit.
He blew 99 with the legal limit being 35.
Upon the results the man claimed that “it was okay as it was the weekend”.
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter Milldenhall Police said: “Male arrested A11 Fiveways Services after stumbling into the driver’s seat of his car, in front of four police officers close by watching.
“He blew 99 at roadside, legal limit 35, but thought it was okay as it was the weekend.”
- 1 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 2 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 5 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 6 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns
- 7 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 10 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor