‘But it’s the weekend’: Man three times over limit arrested after stumbling to car in front of police
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man has been arrested after stumbling to his car in front of four police officers before claiming it was okay because it was the weekend.
The driver was spotted at Fiveways Services on the A11, near Thetford Forest, after being seen by officers attempting to get into the driver’s seat of his car this morning, Saturday, March 9, at about 5am.
Police conducted a breathalyser test and found the man to be nearly three times over the drink drive limit.
He blew 99 with the legal limit being 35.
Upon the results the man claimed that “it was okay as it was the weekend”.
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter Milldenhall Police said: “Male arrested A11 Fiveways Services after stumbling into the driver’s seat of his car, in front of four police officers close by watching.
“He blew 99 at roadside, legal limit 35, but thought it was okay as it was the weekend.”
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted