Man in a critical but stable condition following stabbing in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
A man is in a critical but stable condition following a stabbing in Thetford.
Police were called at around 7.30pm on Wednesday night to a residential property on Kimms Belt, just off London Road.
Upon arrival the officers found a man in his 30s who had received stab injuries. He is currently in intensive care at the Papworth Hospital in Cambridgeshire.
A man and a woman, both in their 30s, have been arrested in connection with the incident and were taken to separate police investigation centres for questioning.
It is believed they are both known to the victim.
You may also want to watch:
Town councillor Terry Jermy, who represents Burrell ward, said: “I think people will hear about this and will be concerned that it is a random attack.
“It is more likely to be a domestic incident and people need to bear that in mind.”
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 7 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 8 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 9 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 10 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
Thetford mayor Denis Crawford said: “It is horrific that things like this happen in our town. I am just really shocked. It is unfortunate that this things do happen.
“We just have to hope that the gentleman pulls through and I wish him a fully and speedy recovery.”
Anyone with information regarding the incident should contact Thetford CID on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.