Man in a critical but stable condition following stabbing in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
A man is in a critical but stable condition following a stabbing in Thetford.
Police were called at around 7.30pm on Wednesday night to a residential property on Kimms Belt, just off London Road.
Upon arrival the officers found a man in his 30s who had received stab injuries. He is currently in intensive care at the Papworth Hospital in Cambridgeshire.
A man and a woman, both in their 30s, have been arrested in connection with the incident and were taken to separate police investigation centres for questioning.
It is believed they are both known to the victim.
You may also want to watch:
Town councillor Terry Jermy, who represents Burrell ward, said: “I think people will hear about this and will be concerned that it is a random attack.
“It is more likely to be a domestic incident and people need to bear that in mind.”
- 1 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 2 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 7 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 8 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 9 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 10 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
Thetford mayor Denis Crawford said: “It is horrific that things like this happen in our town. I am just really shocked. It is unfortunate that this things do happen.
“We just have to hope that the gentleman pulls through and I wish him a fully and speedy recovery.”
Anyone with information regarding the incident should contact Thetford CID on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.