Man in a critical but stable condition following stabbing in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
A man is in a critical but stable condition following a stabbing in Thetford.
Police were called at around 7.30pm on Wednesday night to a residential property on Kimms Belt, just off London Road.
Upon arrival the officers found a man in his 30s who had received stab injuries. He is currently in intensive care at the Papworth Hospital in Cambridgeshire.
A man and a woman, both in their 30s, have been arrested in connection with the incident and were taken to separate police investigation centres for questioning.
It is believed they are both known to the victim.
Town councillor Terry Jermy, who represents Burrell ward, said: “I think people will hear about this and will be concerned that it is a random attack.
“It is more likely to be a domestic incident and people need to bear that in mind.”
- 1 Roads to have speed limit cut to 30mph after death sparks campaign
- 2 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 3 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 4 Escaped cows block traffic on A1065 in Suffolk
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 9 WATCH: Big Jet TV films at RAF Lakenheath to mark new Top Gun movie
- 10 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
Thetford mayor Denis Crawford said: “It is horrific that things like this happen in our town. I am just really shocked. It is unfortunate that this things do happen.
“We just have to hope that the gentleman pulls through and I wish him a fully and speedy recovery.”
Anyone with information regarding the incident should contact Thetford CID on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.