Police officer spat at and has threats made to family
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A police officer was spat in the face and had threats made to his family following the arrest of a man in Thetford.
An officer on patrol in the town on Thursday saw a man who had a Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) with a condition to not be in possession of an opened bottle or can of alcohol.
The man became threatening towards a member of the public and started shouting and swearing outside the library.
After being arrested for the breach of his CBO, he threatened to kick an officer and stab his family.
He was put into a police van and then spat in the officer’s face. He also damaged the van.
You may also want to watch:
The man was also arrested for assault of a police officer, threatening behaviour and criminal damage.
The officer was unharmed but called the incident “absolutely disgusting”.
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 7 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
The incidents were caught on the officer’s body worn camera.
While 383 were assaults which left no injury, it was a rise on 390 assaults between April 2016 and March 2017.