Police officer spat at and has threats made to family
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A police officer was spat in the face and had threats made to his family following the arrest of a man in Thetford.
An officer on patrol in the town on Thursday saw a man who had a Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) with a condition to not be in possession of an opened bottle or can of alcohol.
The man became threatening towards a member of the public and started shouting and swearing outside the library.
After being arrested for the breach of his CBO, he threatened to kick an officer and stab his family.
He was put into a police van and then spat in the officer’s face. He also damaged the van.
You may also want to watch:
The man was also arrested for assault of a police officer, threatening behaviour and criminal damage.
The officer was unharmed but called the incident “absolutely disgusting”.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
The incidents were caught on the officer’s body worn camera.
While 383 were assaults which left no injury, it was a rise on 390 assaults between April 2016 and March 2017.