Man knocked unconscious outside library after being punched
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man was knocked unconscious in a market town centre after being punched.
Police said the man, in his 50s, was punched after a disagreement outside Thetford Library in Raymond Street.
It is believed the he fell backwards and hit his head causing him to lose consciousness.
Officers were called by paramedics to the scene at 1.37pm on Thursday, May 9 where a man in his 40s was arrested for GBH. He has since been released under investigation.
The victim was taken to West Suffolk Hospital Bury St Edmunds, where he received stitches to his head.
You may also want to watch:
His injuries are described as non-life threatening.
- 1 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom