Man knocked unconscious outside library after being punched
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man was knocked unconscious in a market town centre after being punched.
Police said the man, in his 50s, was punched after a disagreement outside Thetford Library in Raymond Street.
It is believed the he fell backwards and hit his head causing him to lose consciousness.
Officers were called by paramedics to the scene at 1.37pm on Thursday, May 9 where a man in his 40s was arrested for GBH. He has since been released under investigation.
The victim was taken to West Suffolk Hospital Bury St Edmunds, where he received stitches to his head.
You may also want to watch:
His injuries are described as non-life threatening.
- 1 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 8 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 Suffolk serviceman named among America's top 12 airmen