Man knocked unconscious outside library after being punched
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man was knocked unconscious in a market town centre after being punched.
Police said the man, in his 50s, was punched after a disagreement outside Thetford Library in Raymond Street.
It is believed the he fell backwards and hit his head causing him to lose consciousness.
Officers were called by paramedics to the scene at 1.37pm on Thursday, May 9 where a man in his 40s was arrested for GBH. He has since been released under investigation.
The victim was taken to West Suffolk Hospital Bury St Edmunds, where he received stitches to his head.
His injuries are described as non-life threatening.
- 1 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 2 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 3 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 4 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 8 Catalytic converters stolen from three cars in Mildenhall in one night
- 9 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital
- 10 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village