Man knocked unconscious outside library after being punched
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man was knocked unconscious in a market town centre after being punched.
Police said the man, in his 50s, was punched after a disagreement outside Thetford Library in Raymond Street.
It is believed the he fell backwards and hit his head causing him to lose consciousness.
Officers were called by paramedics to the scene at 1.37pm on Thursday, May 9 where a man in his 40s was arrested for GBH. He has since been released under investigation.
The victim was taken to West Suffolk Hospital Bury St Edmunds, where he received stitches to his head.
You may also want to watch:
His injuries are described as non-life threatening.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 4 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 7 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 8 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 9 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 10 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns