Home Office post mortem examination due after man’s body found
- Credit: Archant
A Home Office post mortem examination will take place today, after the body of a man was found in Diss.
Officers were called at 8.56am to Tuesday, April 30 to reports the body of a man had been found in the grounds of St Mary’s Church, Diss.
Police said the man, believed to be in his 40s, had suffered a head injury.
Detective Inspector Lewis Craske said: “It is not yet clear how the man came to suffer the head injury and our enquiries are ongoing to try and establish the exact circumstances leading up to his death.
“A Home Office Post Mortem examination is due to take place and whilst we are treating the death as unexplained at this time, I would urge anyone who may be able to assist with our enquiries to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
A cordon was in place yesterday, with Church Street closed between Market Hill and Chapel Street.
David Webber, 80, has been running the Keyhole gift shop next to the church for the past 13 years.
- 1 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 2 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 5 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 6 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns
- 7 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 10 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
He said: “I got to the shop at about 9.05am and when I was walking up the road I saw the police with their lights on and an ambulance.
“At the time I didn’t know what had happened but as customers started to come into the shop I found out it was a body.”
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting CAD reference 79 of 30 April 2019.