Man dies and another is arrested after HGV and 4x4 collide
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has died and another was arrested after a 4x4 and HGV collided in South Norfolk.
Police officers were called to Foulden Road in Didlington, near Mundford yesterday evening (Tuesday, October 9) at 6.30pm.
The two vehicles involved were a green Daihatsu FourTrak 4x4 and a blue Scania Heavy Goods Vehicle.
The driver of the Daihatsu, a man in his 30s, died at the scene. The driver of the HGV was uninjured.
A man aged in his 40s was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre (PIC) for questioning where he remains.
Police would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident or the manner of driving of either vehicle before the collision.
Anyone with information or dashcam footage should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team by emailing PC Allison Cotton on Allison.Cotton@suffolk.pnn.police.uk.
- 1 Woman accused of stealing £11k of printer ink across East Anglia
- 2 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford
- 3 Schoolgirl racially abused by boys in Mildenhall play park
- 4 The photographer with an eye for catching dogs in flight
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Robber armed with Taser steals cash from Mildenhall shop
- 7 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 8 The artist who paints portraits to honour frontline workers
- 9 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 10 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products