Man dies and another is arrested after HGV and 4x4 collide
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has died and another was arrested after a 4x4 and HGV collided in South Norfolk.
Police officers were called to Foulden Road in Didlington, near Mundford yesterday evening (Tuesday, October 9) at 6.30pm.
The two vehicles involved were a green Daihatsu FourTrak 4x4 and a blue Scania Heavy Goods Vehicle.
The driver of the Daihatsu, a man in his 30s, died at the scene. The driver of the HGV was uninjured.
A man aged in his 40s was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre (PIC) for questioning where he remains.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident or the manner of driving of either vehicle before the collision.
Anyone with information or dashcam footage should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team by emailing PC Allison Cotton on Allison.Cotton@suffolk.pnn.police.uk.
- 1 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 2 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 3 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 4 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 5 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 6 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 7 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 8 85% of West Suffolk Hospital staff vaccinated in battle to meet demand on health service
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 10 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s