Man dies and another is arrested after HGV and 4x4 collide
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has died and another was arrested after a 4x4 and HGV collided in South Norfolk.
Police officers were called to Foulden Road in Didlington, near Mundford yesterday evening (Tuesday, October 9) at 6.30pm.
The two vehicles involved were a green Daihatsu FourTrak 4x4 and a blue Scania Heavy Goods Vehicle.
The driver of the Daihatsu, a man in his 30s, died at the scene. The driver of the HGV was uninjured.
A man aged in his 40s was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre (PIC) for questioning where he remains.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident or the manner of driving of either vehicle before the collision.
Anyone with information or dashcam footage should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team by emailing PC Allison Cotton on Allison.Cotton@suffolk.pnn.police.uk.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results