Man dies and another is arrested after HGV and 4x4 collide
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has died and another was arrested after a 4x4 and HGV collided in South Norfolk.
Police officers were called to Foulden Road in Didlington, near Mundford yesterday evening (Tuesday, October 9) at 6.30pm.
The two vehicles involved were a green Daihatsu FourTrak 4x4 and a blue Scania Heavy Goods Vehicle.
The driver of the Daihatsu, a man in his 30s, died at the scene. The driver of the HGV was uninjured.
A man aged in his 40s was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre (PIC) for questioning where he remains.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident or the manner of driving of either vehicle before the collision.
Anyone with information or dashcam footage should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team by emailing PC Allison Cotton on Allison.Cotton@suffolk.pnn.police.uk.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 4 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 5 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 6 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs