Man dies after being hit by train
A man was killed last night after being hit by a train on a railway crossing. The incident happened at Santon Downham, near Thetford.
A man was killed last night after being hit by a train on a railway crossing.
The incident, which happened at 6.25pm at Santon Downham, near Thetford, involved the 5.35pm National Express East Anglia Norwich to Cambridge service.
The train continued to Brandon and passengers went by bus to their destination. Extra buses were also in place to ferry passengers between Ely and Thetford until the line was reopened at 8pm.
British Transport Police are investigating the circumstances behind the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Details about the dead man have yet to be released.
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!