Man dies after being hit by train
A man was killed last night after being hit by a train on a railway crossing. The incident happened at Santon Downham, near Thetford.
A man was killed last night after being hit by a train on a railway crossing.
The incident, which happened at 6.25pm at Santon Downham, near Thetford, involved the 5.35pm National Express East Anglia Norwich to Cambridge service.
The train continued to Brandon and passengers went by bus to their destination. Extra buses were also in place to ferry passengers between Ely and Thetford until the line was reopened at 8pm.
British Transport Police are investigating the circumstances behind the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Details about the dead man have yet to be released.
- 1 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 8 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 9 Suffolk serviceman named among America's top 12 airmen
- 10 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts