Man dies after being hit by train
A man was killed last night after being hit by a train on a railway crossing. The incident happened at Santon Downham, near Thetford.
A man was killed last night after being hit by a train on a railway crossing.
The incident, which happened at 6.25pm at Santon Downham, near Thetford, involved the 5.35pm National Express East Anglia Norwich to Cambridge service.
The train continued to Brandon and passengers went by bus to their destination. Extra buses were also in place to ferry passengers between Ely and Thetford until the line was reopened at 8pm.
British Transport Police are investigating the circumstances behind the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Details about the dead man have yet to be released.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 3 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 4 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 10 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall