Man dies after being hit by train
A man was killed last night after being hit by a train on a railway crossing. The incident happened at Santon Downham, near Thetford.
A man was killed last night after being hit by a train on a railway crossing.
The incident, which happened at 6.25pm at Santon Downham, near Thetford, involved the 5.35pm National Express East Anglia Norwich to Cambridge service.
The train continued to Brandon and passengers went by bus to their destination. Extra buses were also in place to ferry passengers between Ely and Thetford until the line was reopened at 8pm.
British Transport Police are investigating the circumstances behind the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Details about the dead man have yet to be released.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 5 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 6 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 7 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 8 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England