Man arrested on town estate for being equipped to steal
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A man has been arrested on suspicion of going equipped to steal after being stopped by police.
Officers in Thetford stopped a man who had been seen acting suspiciously in Tennyson Way, on the evening of Tuesday, December 10.
They conducted a stop and search where the man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of going equipped to steal.
Thetford Police said on Twitter: "The male has been bailed with curfew conditions while our enquiries continue."
Police have been carrying out normal routine patrols in the Thetford area following a stabbing in St Albans Way, on the Abbey estate.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 20s suffered stab wounds to his back and arms and a 21-year-old has been arrested and charged with causing grievous bodily harm and possession of a blade in public.
- 1 What is the fuel situation looking like in Thetford?
- 2 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 3 How 'inadequate' school is making strides towards 'bright future'
- 4 Van overturns while trying to enter A11 petrol station
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 8 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 9 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told