Man arrested on town estate for being equipped to steal
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A man has been arrested on suspicion of going equipped to steal after being stopped by police.
Officers in Thetford stopped a man who had been seen acting suspiciously in Tennyson Way, on the evening of Tuesday, December 10.
They conducted a stop and search where the man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of going equipped to steal.
Thetford Police said on Twitter: "The male has been bailed with curfew conditions while our enquiries continue."
Police have been carrying out normal routine patrols in the Thetford area following a stabbing in St Albans Way, on the Abbey estate.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 20s suffered stab wounds to his back and arms and a 21-year-old has been arrested and charged with causing grievous bodily harm and possession of a blade in public.
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 A11 closure as lorries with huge loads get stuck at roadworks
- 3 Center Parcs to reopen on April 12 for self-catering guests only
- 4 Warm winds bring Saharan dust as temperatures soar to 17C
- 5 Man denies causing death by dangerous driving after fatal A143 crash
- 6 Dogs Trust releases phone calls of 'heartbroken' owners forced to give up pets
- 7 Norfolk given extra £10m to stop Covid spread in care homes
- 8 Pub to get major revamp - but needs a landlord first
- 9 Ambitious 2035 climate change fight plan unveiled
- 10 What our readers think of the vaccine passport debate