Man, 54, died after fall
The inquest was opened on Wednesday into a Thetford man who died after falling and hitting his head.
Vladimir Beljajev, 54, of Hillary Road, Thetford, was found collapsed on a public way bridge on June 17.
Coroner William Armstrong said: “There is some evidence to suggest he declined medical assistance. He returned to his home address.
“He was later taken to West Suffolk Hosptial where severe head injuires were diagnosed.”
Mr Beljajev died in hospital on June 18.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem revealed he died from severe head injuries.
Mr Armstrong said there were no injuries to indicate any third party involvement.
- 1 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 2 Hope and caution - How Thetford is preparing to come out of lockdown
- 3 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 4 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 5 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 6 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 7 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 8 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 9 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
The inquest was adjourned to a later date.