Town to lose national fashion retailer
- Credit: Archant
A national clothing shop in Thetford is set to close its doors in a matter of weeks.
The lease on the building occupied by M&Co is coming to an end and the shop will shut at the end of this month.
A spokesman for M&Co said: “We are closing the Thetford store. Staff have been informed and are in a consultation period.”
It is not believed that any other of the shop’s stores across Norfolk and Suffolk will be affected.
Found on Riverside Walk, the shop sells clothes form women, men and children.
You may also want to watch:
It comes just weeks after the closure of the town’s New Look on King Street.
In March, the company announced it was to close 60 stores across the country in order to help restore long-term profitability.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 2 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 3 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 4 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 5 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 6 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 7 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 Man attacked and robbed by hooded teen gang
- 10 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
There are already three empty retail units on Riverside Walk.
In May last year, Argos moved out of its premises and a new “digital store” opened inside Sainsbury’s on the Forest Retail Park.