Town to lose national fashion retailer
- Credit: Archant
A national clothing shop in Thetford is set to close its doors in a matter of weeks.
The lease on the building occupied by M&Co is coming to an end and the shop will shut at the end of this month.
A spokesman for M&Co said: “We are closing the Thetford store. Staff have been informed and are in a consultation period.”
It is not believed that any other of the shop’s stores across Norfolk and Suffolk will be affected.
Found on Riverside Walk, the shop sells clothes form women, men and children.
It comes just weeks after the closure of the town’s New Look on King Street.
In March, the company announced it was to close 60 stores across the country in order to help restore long-term profitability.
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 3 Rugby club hoping to 'ignite' interest following pandemic
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 6 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 7 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Nominations open for Thetford Business Awards 2023
- 10 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
There are already three empty retail units on Riverside Walk.
In May last year, Argos moved out of its premises and a new “digital store” opened inside Sainsbury’s on the Forest Retail Park.