Town to lose national fashion retailer
- Credit: Archant
A national clothing shop in Thetford is set to close its doors in a matter of weeks.
The lease on the building occupied by M&Co is coming to an end and the shop will shut at the end of this month.
A spokesman for M&Co said: “We are closing the Thetford store. Staff have been informed and are in a consultation period.”
It is not believed that any other of the shop’s stores across Norfolk and Suffolk will be affected.
Found on Riverside Walk, the shop sells clothes form women, men and children.
You may also want to watch:
It comes just weeks after the closure of the town’s New Look on King Street.
In March, the company announced it was to close 60 stores across the country in order to help restore long-term profitability.
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted
There are already three empty retail units on Riverside Walk.
In May last year, Argos moved out of its premises and a new “digital store” opened inside Sainsbury’s on the Forest Retail Park.