Loyal solicitor celebrates 40 years with the same law firm
A solicitor is celebrating 40 years with a regional law firm which has an office in Diss.
Nigel Lubbock joined Steeles Law, then known as Steele & Co, in 1977 as an assistant solicitor, having entered the legal profession in 1973.
He began at the firm’s former office in Harleston and moved to Diss and Thetford before moving to the Norwich, where he remains as senior director.
Mr Lubbock, whose wife Judith was the former Lord Mayor of Norwich, describes his first memories of Steeles as being a small, country practice in “old fashioned” offices.
He added that his employees are savvier, with a broader range of IT skills, than the trainee solicitors of yesteryear.
He said they “provide a brilliant intellectual challenge, which in turn is very stimulating for the business and me personally”.
Mr Lubbock has been described as a well known and inimitable character.
- 1 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 2 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 3 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 4 Pair deny dangerous driving on the A11 in Suffolk
- 5 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 6 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 7 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years