Lorry overturns after spilling load
David Bale A lorry delivering to Morrison's supermarket overturned at a roundabout in Thetford after shedding its load of about 2,000 small bags of logs on the busy A11.
A lorry delivering to Morrisons supermarkets overturned at a roundabout at Thetford yesterday after shedding its load of about 2,000 bags of logs on the busy A11 Norwich road.
It happened at about 10am at the roundabout with the A134 King's Lynn road and A1066 road to Diss. The A11 southbound carriageway between the roundabout and the B1107 Brandon road roundabout was closed for a time afterwards.
The lorry driver was unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
Police said a low-loader was drafted in to gather up the log bags that had landed on the road.
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 6 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village