Road closed after lorry falls into ditch
- Credit: Archant
A lorry has fallen into a ditch near Thetford.
The incident happened at about 2.15pm today, Thursday, March 14, at the Mile Road junction with Letton Road, Shipdham, near the entrance to the Shipdham Industrial Estate.
Police are asking motorists to avoid the area.
Breckland Police said on Twitter: “This lorry came off the road into a ditch.
“Road is closed Mile Road junction of Letton Road Shipdham and entrance Shipdham Industrial Estate.
“To allow safe recovery of vehicle road likely to be closed until early hours of the morning. Please avoid.”
The lorry, carrying woodchips, had to be unloaded before recovery could be started.
- 1 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 2 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 3 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 6 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 7 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
This delayed the process.
No-one is believed to have been injured.