Person hit by car on busy road linking A11
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2008
A man has been taken to hospital after being hit by a car.
Emergency services were called to London Road, Thetford, at the junction with the Forest Retail Park at about 1pm today, Monday, September 9.
The road was closed heading towards the town centre from the A11, causing congestion, but re-opened at about 1.50pm.
The man has been taken to West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, for treatment.
An ambulance spokesman said: "We were called at 12.52pm with reports of a collision in London Road, Thetford.
You may also want to watch:
"We sent an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle. One person is being taken to hospital for further treatment."
- 1 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 2 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 3 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 4 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 5 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 6 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 7 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 8 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 9 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 10 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur